OkCupid, the big dating site, is looking for a Full-Time Customer Care Representative to help take excellent care of their customers. Computer provided.
No geographical limitations are noted, so we assume they are hiring from all states.
The company offers full benefits, including Medical, Dental, Vision, and 401k.
Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO INSTRUCTIONS – THEY WANT YOU TO TELL THEM A JOKE IN YOUR COVER LETTER!
Here’s what they have to say about this position:
“OkCupid is the only dating app/site that connects people over what really matters—and it works! Odds are a person you know has met someone on OkCupid (seriously, just ask around). Joining the OkCupid team means getting to help millions of people connect everyday.
We are looking for an enthusiastic customer support representative to join our care team in a full-time work from home position, where you will:
- Handle inbound customer support requests
- Troubleshoot user issues and determine scope
- Escalate critical issues as needed
- Collect feedback from users about our product
- Contribute to our knowledge base
What’s it like to be on the support team at OkCupid?
The support team at OkCupid is small but mighty! We’re 4 folks in total, but are part of a larger care team of about 20 that includes email and site-based moderation. Because the support team is so small relative to our user base, each support representative has full ownership over what they’re working on and the opportunity to have a huge amount of impact.
We encourage suggestions, ideas, innovation, and collaboration across teams. We’re avid collectors of information, and relay that info from our product team and engineers to our users and then back again. We like to think of ourselves as information archeologists, unearthing data and using it help our users find love, and our company get better.
Another result of our lean team size is the ability to cross-train and learn a ton. You’ll have the opportunity to answer a huge variety of questions from both free and paid users, help write knowledge base articles, monitor and reply to app reviews and social media, compile bug reports, cross-train in billing and moderation, and more.
As a team, we value curiosity, empathy, communication, positivity, responsible autonomy, and a passion for helping people. We’re also animal fans who tend to be early risers, and we’re passionate supporters of love for absolutely everyone (we take great pride in the partnerships that OkCupid has had in the past with groups like Planned Parenthood and the ACLU).
- 1-5 years experience in a customer service environment, preferably in web/app based support
- The ability to understand sometimes complicated scenarios and respond with appropriate and well-thought-out written solutions
- A thirst for learning, and a passion for helping others learn
- Curiosity and interest in asking hard questions and digging for answers
- Excellent judgement, including knowing when to escalate and how to prioritize
- Sensitivity and empathy to a diverse and global user base
- Strong web savvy and an understanding of internet norms and interactions
- Experience using Android and iPhone apps
- The ability to work reliably and independently from home, with at least one day available during the weekend
You will also be a key part of the team as we move support centers and rework our knowledge base, so you should be flexible and excited about trying new things…….Read more>>